Statement of Information Practices Regarding Personal Health Information
Collection of Personal Health Information
I, Catherine Croteau MT, collect personal health information about you directly from you or from the person acting on your behalf. The personal health information that I collect may include, for example, your name, date of birth, address, health history, records of your visits to my clinic and the care that you received during those visits. Occasionally, I collect personal health information about you from other sources if I have obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits.
Uses and Disclosures of Personal Health Information
I use and disclose your personal health information to:
- treat and care for you;
- get payment for your treatment and care (from OHIP, WSIB, your private insurer or others);
- plan, administer and manage my internal operations;
- conduct risk management and quality improvement activities;
- conduct research;
- compile statistics;
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law.
You may access and correct your personal health records, or withdraw your consent for some of the above uses and disclosures by contacting me (subject to legal exceptions).
How to Contact Me
As a sole practitioner, I am the privacy contact person for my clinic. For more information about my privacy protection practices, or to raise a concern you have with my practices, contact me at 297-9325 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I take steps to protect your personal health information from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal.
- I accept to be regularly assessed by my professional college in order to evaluate and ensure my compliance with the professional standards and acts governing my profession.
- I take steps to ensure that everyone who performs services for me or with me protect your privacy and only use your personal health information for the purposes you have consented to.
Other Important Contacts
- The College of Massage Therapists of Ontario can be reached at (800) 465-1933 or by email at email@example.com
- The office of the Ontario Privacy Commissioner can be reached at (800) 387-0073.
- The office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Canada can be reached at (613) 995-8210